Sunday, December 22, 2013

WTF am I inhaling?

Hi! My name is Rob but you can call me Edmundo. I have been experimenting with vaporizing nicotine (puffing e-cigs) on and off for about a year or two. Just recently while shopping for e-liquid on the information super highway, I was prompted to select my ratio of propylene glycol (PG) to vegetable glycerin (VG). For no other reason than vegetables seemed more healthy than propylene, I went with a 30/70 mixture. That is 30% PG mixed with 70% VG. After placing the order I started to wonder, what exactly is this stuff I am inhaling like Pookie in New Jack City?














According to the internets - Inhalation of the propylene glycol vapors appears to present no significant hazard in ordinary applications. However, limited human experience indicates that inhalation of propylene glycol mists could be irritating to some individuals. You can read all the scientific stuff HERE.

Vegetable glycerin is also known as vegetable glycerol. It is a carbohydrate that is usually derived from plant oils. It is used as a sweetener and as an ingredient in a number of cosmetic products. Vegetable glycerin is also used in place of alcohol to extract botanicals. Vegetable glycerin typically produces more vapor production then propylene glycol, but has reduced throat hit. It is also slightly more viscous (thicker) and slightly sweeter then propylene glycol. - See more HERE.

These are mixed with nicotine and flavoring and that makes what we refer to as e-liquid or e-juice. I think someone needs to give this stuff a better name. Any words that start with "e-" rub me the wrong way for some reason.

While doing extensive reasearch on the world wide web I stumbled upon this article which made perfect sense to me -
How E-Cigarette Alarmists Endanger Smokers' Lives, or Why Eli Lake Should Not Switch Back to Marlboros

Hope this helps. I feel like I know a bit more than I did yesterday.

BTW, I just recently ordered 3 new flavors from someone called The Vapor Chef. Thats a pretty bold claim, these juices better be tasty. I will post my opinions in the near future. Peace Out.

12 comments:

  1. Are you paying over $5 per pack of cigarettes? I'm buying high quality cigs over at Duty Free Depot and I'm saving over 60% from cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe kanger five6 kit is one powerful e cigs, that produces more vapor than you'll ever need. On the other hand, it is quite a simple product as well, really easy to use. To sum it up, geekvape aegis works great and lasts for a long time. Definitely our #1 pick electronic cigarette and we vape it all the time.

      Delete
  2. This is good knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. �� JUSTFOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for drawing my notice to this. Your blog is jam-packed with useful facts. Until I read that, I would have no idea. I'll come back for more fantastic material. Best wishes, and good luck.
    Hemp Cereal Packaging Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your excellent, unique and original article. I've tried to locate clear information on this topic many times. You have helped make this interesting as well as clear. Custom Dropper Bottle Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Thank you so much. I really need these tips. The detailed explanation is really helpful. Seeing how you write was very inspiring.
    -Custom Bulk CBD Packaging

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic article! We also offer personalised packaging at a reasonable price. Custom Printed Mylar Bags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the detailed article. Thanks for publishing this article it is very helpful for people like us. Soap is a widely consumed product. We provide Custom Kraft Soap Boxes.
    kraft soap packaging

    ReplyDelete